Sunday 20 January 2013

New York City: Museum of Modern Art (MoMA)

It's been months since I returned from NYC but I couldn't find some time to collect all the beautiful photos I took, edit and upload them. I am gonna post loads of NYC photos in the near future, but I choose to begin with one of the most interesting things you can find in the city ; the Museum of Modern art (or MoMA). MoMA's collections extend from famous paintings of the 20th century (like Pablo Picasso, Giorgio de Chirico, Max Ernst, Vincent van Gogh) to great sculptures, photographs of the Vietnam's war in which the United States are highly involved, aspects of life affected by war in general, modern furniture of the past decades and even arabic carpets flying your mind to Far East ! I spent circa 3 hours wandering all alone in the majesty of artistic expression, capturing almost everything. I have to mention I was made a note by one of the guards who turned out to be a Greece lover! A beautiful feeling smelling like your homeland 8,000 km away from your home, in another continent.


























































No comments: